Location: Creston Museum, 219 Devon Street, Creston, BC
Antique quilts, modern quilts, and everything in between, on display for one day only in and around the Creston Museum's exhibits.
Some of the quilts are from the Museum's collection. Most are on loan from local quilters, and rarely, if ever, appear on display. Some will be for sale - everything from table toppers and placemats to full-size quilts.
Saturday, September 15
10:00 - 5:00
Admission by Donation
Showing your quilt at the Creston Museum's Quilt Show and Sale:
All quilts and quilted items are welcome.
- Quilts of any age or size
- Quilted items including clothing, table runners, and wall hangings
- Antique quilts in any condition are welcome
- Quilts that have been shown before are welcome
- We ask only that you loan the quilts - we are not asking you to donate them
If you choose to sell your quilts:
- Quilt owners determine the sale price of quilts
- The Museum handles the sale, accepting cash, cheque, or credit card
- The Museum retains 10% of the sale price
- Cheques for the sale, less 10% are mailed to quilt owners before the end of September
All the details:
- Quilts may be dropped off any time during regular Museum hours, 10:00 - 3:30 Monday-Saturday, uintl 3:30 PM on Friday, September 14.
- We label all quilts as soon as they come in, with the owner's name and phone number. These labels are not removed until the quilts are returned to the owner.
- Quilts are stored in a locked building until put on display, and the Museum's staff and volunteers provide security during the Quilt Show
- Quilts are displayed indoors unless the owner specifically indicates that they may be displayed outdoors
- Due to space limitations, not all quilts will be hung out to their full size. Some will be folded or draped over exhibits and display cases.
- Quilts may be picked up between 9:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:00 Tuesday, September 18 through Friday, September 21, or at other times by appointment.
Questions? Phone 250-428-9262 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org